A page happily devoted to words of misery, depression, melancholy, alienation, bleakness, disillusionment, despair, desperation, cynicism, pessimism, ambiguity, moral corruption, evil, guilt, desperation, paranoia, and existentialism.


Andy's Mini-Reviews

_________________________

CASABLANCA (1942)

Rick Blaine (Humphrey Bogart): "I came to Casablanca for the waters."
Capt. Renault (Claude Rains): "But we’re in the middle of the desert."
Rick: "I was misinformed."

Maj. Strasser (Conrad Veidt): "Are you one of those people who cannot imagine the Germans in their beloved Paris?"
Rick: "It's not particularly my beloved Paris."
Strasser: "Can you imagine us in London?"
Rick: "When you get there, ask me."
Strasser: "How about New York?"
Rick: "Well there are certain sections of New York, Major, that I wouldn't advise you to try to invade."

Ugarte (Peter Lorre): "You despise me, don't you?"
Rick: "If I gave you any thought I probably would."

Rick to Renault: "Louie, this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

No comments: